Plaats reactie
Bienvenue sur la PC Web Plus

I remember forum.security-x.fr when the reveton ransomware was targetting many countries with different versions from C&C servers. I forgot the nicks of the security guys from France, but they intercepted many payload within a couple of hours. Their shared the samples at kernelmode.info to debug and RE. Sadly KM closed their doors some years ago.

Djeez! This is an warm welcome thread, so I don't bother you with old junk.... #Welcome
If it ain't broken, don't fix it
Hi Angel@,

Nostalgia: reveton ransomware was the good old days when you could do real disinfection.
Now there is nothing left but some adware. We spend more time optimizing and repairing the OP's computer.

Disinfection topics are becoming more and more limited.

Greetings
Jonathan21 schreef: Nostalgia: reveton ransomware was the good old days when you could do real disinfection.
This is definitely nostalgia, in that period computers were also more vulnerable than nowadays. Back then I was an employee of a AV company to help paid customers from the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. But this was truly a real joke, because I was not free to help anyone with tools which not supported by the AV company.

We were only permitted to use the own resources and tools, all the other stuff, useful or not, was blacklisted, this was truly frustrating for me, very frustrating!
If it ain't broken, don't fix it
Plaats reactie

Maak een account aan of log in om deel te nemen aan de discussie

Je moet lid zijn om een ​​reactie te kunnen plaatsen

Maak een account aan

Geen lid? Registreer om lid te worden van onze community
Leden kunnen hun eigen onderwerpen starten en zich abonneren op onderwerpen
Het is gratis en duurt maar een minuut

Registreer

Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord

Terug naar “Even voorstellen”