Plaats reactie
Tind.nl-Hans schreef:En for the record Dronrijp is toch echt wel een aantal kilometers verder dan waar wij wonen.

Maar ik denk dat Wessel bedoelde dat het wat stil is op het forum en daarbij een foutje maakte door het ongeval in Dronrijp erbij te halen.

Just my 0,02€ ( enne dont be so hard een berisping is wel genoeg IMHO)
Sorry :-[ (ja het idd wel een lullige opmerking :-[

Just my 0,02€ ? wat betekent dit..

Nogmaals sorry

Grtz wessel
Het is wel ok :D hoor Wessel..
Just my 0,02€ ? wat betekent dit..
Daar ben ik eigenlijk ook wel zeer benieuwd naar?
M.v.g,
~*~Maaike~*~
Oke voor de gene die het nog nooit gehoord hebben bij deze O0
"My two cents" and its longer version "put my two cents in" is an American idiomatic expression, taken from the original British idiom expression: to put in "my two pennies worth" or "my tuppence worth." It used to preface the tentative stating of one’s opinion. By deprecating the opinion to follow — suggesting its value is only two cents, a very small amount — the user of the phrase hopes to lessen the impact of a possibly contentious statement, showing politeness and humility. However, it is also sometimes used with irony when expressing a strongly felt opinion. The phrase is also used out of habit to preface uncontentious opinions.

For example: “If I may put my two cents in, that hat doesn't do you any favors." (More polite way of saying, for example: That hat is ugly.) An example of the shortened version: "My two cents is that you should sell that stock now."

There is some speculation as to the origin of the idiom. Some believe that the phrase originates in betting card games, such as poker. In these games, one must make a small bet, or ante, before beginning play. Thus, the phrase makes an analogy between entering the game and entering a conversation. However, there is no documentary evidence of this being the origin of the idiom and as such, is merely speculation. Other likely origins are that "my two pennies worth" is derived from the much older 16th Century British expression, "a penny for your thoughts". There is also some belief that the idiom may have its origins in the early cost of postage in Britain, the "twopenny post", where two pennies was the normal charge of sending a letter containing one's words and thoughts or feelings to someone.

"Two cents" and its variations may also be used in place of the noun "opinion" or the verb phrase "state [subject's] opinion", e.g. "You had to put your two cents in, didn't you?" or "But that’s just my two cents."

The phrase "If you don't put your two cents in, how can you get change?" encourages an expression of opinion. It makes a pun on the word "change". One meaning of change is an alteration — presumably to bring someone or something in agreement with an expressed opinion. Another meaning of change is the cash equivalent of an overpayment. Thus the reference to two cents is in accord with another idiom that values opinions at one cent (A Penny for Your Thoughts).

This expression is also often used at the end of a statement, e.g., “Just my two cents." In this usage, there are many variations that serve the same purpose, such as "Just my $0.02 worth" or “Just my 1/50th of a dollar."

A related expression is “Would you buy it for a quarter?", coined by C. M. Kornbluth in The Marching Morons, indicating that the thing in question isn't even worth 25¢.
Met andere woorden just my 0,02€ is mijn mening over het genoemde en hoe ik er over denk :)

Sorry ik dacht dat het een bekende uitdrukking was.

//Hans
//Hans O0
Van der Toorn Internetdiensten
Met andere woorden just my 0,02€ is mijn mening over het genoemde en hoe ik er over denk
Oke... ;)

Ik snapte er echt geen bal van maar het is nu duidelijk... O0
Plaats reactie

Maak een account aan of log in om deel te nemen aan de discussie

Je moet lid zijn om een ​​reactie te kunnen plaatsen

Maak een account aan

Geen lid? Registreer om lid te worden van onze community
Leden kunnen hun eigen onderwerpen starten en zich abonneren op onderwerpen
Het is gratis en duurt maar een minuut

Registreer

Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord